Big Pulley & Forearm

Big Pulley & Forearm

Postby smooshed » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:08 pm

It looks like the big pulley is supposed to be pinned to the forearm by driving an M3 X 16 bolt into the plastic of the forearm, yes? Did you think about using a split pin here?

Any other places where the bolts are supposed to be driven into the plastic?

Reason I ask is that it looks like you have M3 clearance holes at 3.1mm, which is kind of tight. A quick run through the clearance holes with a #29 drill should give a hole >3.4 <3.5 which is nice medium clearance for M3. Don't want to enlarge something that's not supposed to be :-)
smooshed

Re: Big Pulley & Forearm

Postby Nicholas Seward » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:39 am

The small pulleys and the standoff for the Azteeg also have M3s threaded straight into the plastic.

Any way that you want to tie the pulley to the the arm works for me. If worse comes to worse you can get a long M3 and put a nut below it.
Nicholas Seward

Postby Cozmicray » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:55 pm

How do I mount Big Pulley
so stop "Tabs" are correct

Where should "Tabs" be
Inside xy-wall arm?

Outside xy-wall arm?

Pinned to Ubis arm
Pinned to x-y forearm?

No pix of wally out there with new big pulley

:?:
Cozmicray

Postby smooshed » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:55 pm

Tabs face up, so that the big pulley only rotates 180 degrees before the tab hits the arm that comes out from the back plate. Tabs are towards the front.

Holes on the pulley line up with holes on the forearm, driving a screw or pin down through both fixes the pulley to the forearm, so that they rotate together.
smooshed

Return to Wally