Build log : GUS 2.5

Re: Build log : GUS 2.5

Postby Viproz » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:47 am

I've put quite a lot more hours into it the last week, mainly on soft, I'm trying to get ZProbe to work in order to be able to calibrate it really easy : I'll modify my MATLAB script so that it takes Z errors with more impact and I'll feed in the difference between where I think Z=0 is and where Z=0 is really, this way I'll have something I (I think) that will converge really quickly to the real calibrated values (I'm guessing 3-4 runs will be enough).

Right now I can't do anything, the GUS is in transport, will be able to get back to it next week.
Viproz

Postby Jfriesen » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:40 am

Excited to see how it goes!
Jfriesen

Postby Viproz » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:47 pm

So I finally bought a better (still very cheap) caliper in order to mesure the machine with better accurary but the results are not looking good, here is my error curve :
error.PNG
error.PNG (27.87 KiB) Viewed 10942 times

When I move the arm by hand I can feel that the fishing line gets looser and looser up to around 170 and then it gets tighter, this seems to correspond to the error graph, have anyone noticed something like that ?
Viproz

Postby jwm » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:27 am

Hmm. how far up and down the spool is the thread walking as you move the arm? at any point does the line wrap over itself or lose contact with one of the pullys at either extreme? These were all issues I ran into that caused weird feeling behavior with it getting tighter and looser as i moved it by hand.
jwm

Previous

Return to GUS Simpson