I'm trying to modify the firmware to run as xyz machine

I'm trying to modify the firmware to run as xyz machine

Postby z.kklt » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:43 am

I'm trying to modify the firmware base on marlin, I want the simpson can run as normal xyz machine and need't segementize. If success ,the calibration will be easy too.

I'v the second beta version ,but i need improve the limit to let three max arm length be the same.

It need simpson_size ,will be 250mm;max length of arm and home z height from bed.
simpson_tower1_x= -simpson_size/2.0; // front left tower
simpson_tower1_y= -simpson_size*sqrt3_6;
simpson_tower2_x= simpson_size/2.0; // front right tower
simpson_tower2_y= -simpson_size*sqrt3_6;
simpson_tower3_x= 0.0; // back middle tower
simpson_tower3_y= 2*simpson_size*sqrt3_6;
simpson_dz=MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS-sqrt(sq(SIMPSON_MAX_LENGTH)-sq(SIMPSON_SIZE/2.0/SIN_60));

Transform the Cartesian coordinates to simpson:

simpson_temp_z=sq(cartesian[Z_AXIS]-simpson_dz);

simpson[X_AXIS]=sqrt(sq(cartesian[X_AXIS]-simpson_tower1_x)+sq(cartesian[Y_AXIS]-simpson_tower1_y)+simpson_temp_z);
simpson[Y_AXIS]=sqrt(sq(cartesian[X_AXIS]-simpson_tower2_x)+sq(cartesian[Y_AXIS]-simpson_tower2_y)+simpson_temp_z);
simpson[Z_AXIS]=sqrt(sq(cartesian[X_AXIS]-simpson_tower3_x)+sq(cartesian[Y_AXIS]-simpson_tower3_y)+simpson_temp_z);

IMG_1105.JPG
IMG_1105.JPG (1.75 MiB) Viewed 75627 times

IMG_1105.JPG
IMG_1105.JPG (1.75 MiB) Viewed 75627 times
Attachments
IMG_1106.JPG
IMG_1106.JPG (1.86 MiB) Viewed 75627 times
z.kklt

Re: I'm trying to modify the firmware to run as xyz machine

Postby rustynoob » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:29 pm

I'm working on a similar problem but I put the origin in the middle of the bed. I'm not quite understanding what your meaning when you say you need to improve the limit to make the three max arm lengths the same though. Do you mean the limit switches don't go off at the same time or something completely different?
I have a variable for each arm's max length so that I can calibrate it with reality as needed.
Joel
rustynoob.com
rustynoob

Postby z.kklt » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:46 am

If the max length are the same, it will be simple to transfer from cartesian coordinates to simpson.

otherwise it need calculate dz for tower1\2\3,when transfer to simpson,it means more calculation.
z.kklt

Postby z.kklt » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:26 am

I think about it just now ,and it seems that no need the same max lengh, and the calculation will be the same.
the difference of max length cause offset to bed center.
z.kklt

Return to GUS Simpson