GUS Assembly Instructions

Re: GUS Assembly Instructions

Postby GrahamHolt » Mon May 12, 2014 5:42 pm

I've taken a crack at editing the base instructions. Let me know if those are the kinds of edits we are going for. Otherwise I'm likely to edit the other sections when I have the chance.
GrahamHolt

Postby NeoTheFox » Mon May 12, 2014 6:52 pm

@Niggle, yeah I forgot the extruder :?
Not like I even have any photos. And the hub bottom was already there, I've had nothing better.

@GrahamHolt, if you can - please add extruder instructions.
NeoTheFox

Postby GrahamHolt » Tue May 13, 2014 12:53 pm

@NeoTheFox, I added a section for the extruder, but there isn't an exploded view for that. I haven't found extruder instructions to add, but I'll check the forum again. Without the pieces in front of me, I'd be hard pressed to write an accurate description.

I did print out the hub instructions and made some notes for edits during my evening train ride. I should have that section edited later today. First, I have some questions:

1. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to include a section at the top of the assembly instructions which covers the insertion of the bearings. Thoughts?

2. Are all of the bearings tight fits? I'm guessing that all bearings for a given part should be inserted before it is assembled into a larger sub-assembly. Is this correct?

I'll have to check the exploded views and screw placement threads, but it looks like the Hub exploded view is missing the Hub Screw, 608 Bearings, M3 Nuts and M3 Bolts.

At any rate, I'm learning a lot by going through and editing the instructions. Someone will need to go through and verify that my changes are accurate once I've gone through them.
GrahamHolt

Postby Niggle » Tue May 13, 2014 2:51 pm

@Neo Something is better than nothing.

@Graham As I expected, I had no free time yesterday. I'll upload my verbage today, including handling the bearings, the extruder and the hub.
Niggle

Postby Nicholas Seward » Tue May 13, 2014 3:06 pm

Great work guys. I should have some time in a week or two to give a comb through.
Nicholas Seward

Postby GrahamHolt » Tue May 13, 2014 5:51 pm

OK, I've made modifications to the Base and Hub sections.
Each section now includes a parts list.
GrahamHolt

Postby Niggle » Wed May 14, 2014 12:37 am

I have uploaded my assembly instructions to a page in the Discussion tab.
Niggle

Postby GrahamHolt » Fri May 16, 2014 5:40 pm

@Niggle, Thanks for posting those. I found them in the discussion tab of the Introduction page, so I moved it to the discussion on the Assembly page.

I've just gone through the Arm instructions. I need to read through it again and flesh out the Parts Needed section, but I think it's an improvement. The Finishing section is next, no ETA on that or the finished Arm section though. It is nice to be contributing something though, hopefully people will find it handy in the future (I know I will).
GrahamHolt

Postby GrahamHolt » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:04 pm

I've finished editing the Arm instructions and have gone through the Finishing section. I'm not sure on some of the screw lengths that were referenced here. My next task is to look through Niggle's instructions and use those to close some gaps and hopefully find the missing information which I seek. I'm pretty sure I interpreted things correctly, bit as I don't have the parts in front of me I can't be sure. The instructions will need another pass by someone with more knowledge than I have, but this isn't urgent at the moment.
GrahamHolt

Previous

Return to GUS Simpson